Friday, January 17, 2014

Me voy de Azua!












Platanos for dinner
Dear family,

This week has flown by so quickly and last night we received transfer calls. Guess what? Me voy! I'm officially leaving Azua! And so is Hermana Nodal. We don't know where we're going or who our companions will be - we'll find that out tonight (and you all will find out next week).

I have loved my time here in Azua, but I feel ready to leave. I've had 4 transfers here, 2 areas, 2 companions, and numberless investigators. I've learned and grown a lot from my experiences and made some memories that I will never forget. I'm sure Azua will always be close my heart as my first area in the mission field, but I'm eager to see a new area and experience the mission a little differently.

Of course leaving an area is always bittersweet. There are several baptisms I would have loved to see, namely Daniel, Yudi, and maybe even Pamela. I'll miss our amazing recent converts: Tomas, Carlos, Adabertino, and of course, Domingo. Finally, it will be hard to part ways with Hermana Nodal. We've been together every single day since we first met in the Miami airport on our way to the DR. However, I know that all the people I care about are in good hands and that I am headed off to the area where the Lord needs me the most.

We leave early tomorrow morning to catch a bus to our unknown destinations, so today I'm going to be busy preparing to leave and anxiously anticipating the opening of this next chapter in my mission journey.

Until next week,

Hermana Kaitlin Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment