Tuesday, June 24, 2014

1 Year on the Island!!!


Dear family, 

It's official! This week I hit my one year mark on my mission! I can't believe it - the time has flown by so quickly!

I got to spend my year mark on intercambios with Hna Nodal for the day! She's now serving in Bani and came up to do intercambios with her companion, Hna Fernandez, who is the sister leader in this area. It was really great to spend the day with her and see how far we've come since our time together in the CCM and Azua. We work very well together and we've both learned and grown so much in these past 12 months - it was amazing to see the difference - but I know that there's still a lot of learning and growing to do in the next six.

As far as investigators go, we were able to put a baptismal date with Esterlin for the 12 of July. He may or may not have some issues with chastity, but I'm optimistic and he's very excited as well. At church on Sunday they announced a branch temple trip for the end of July and asked people to raise their hands if they would be able to go. Esterlin raised his hand. I really hope his baptism goes through so he can be there. 

Interesting things that happened this week: 

- On my year mark, I finished the Book or Mormon for the third time in Spanish! I feel like I understand it better every time, and I'm pretty sure that, by the time I get home, I'll be more familiar with it in Spanish than in English.

- We had a zone activity today. We went to the beach in Nizao! (That's why I'm so late writing). It was so gorgeous and we were the only one's there! I'm sending lots of photos - they will do it more justice than my words will.

Les extraño y les amo con todo mi corazón!

Hasta la próxima semana, 

Hermana Kaitlin Olsen

1 Year mark

Hermana Nodal and Kaitlin


At the beach






No comments:

Post a Comment