Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 9, 2014

Dear family, 

I'm sorry that I didn't write yesterday. We found out on Saturday that the Christmas Conference was moved to Monday, so I didn't have a chance you let you know that my P-Day this week was moved to Tuesday. So that's where I was yesterday.

The Christmas Conference for all the missionaries in the south (outside the capitol) was in Azua, so I got to visit my old area one last time. It was really hot - I'd almost forgotten the power of the Azua heat - but it was great to spend one last day there.

I got to see a lot of missionaries that I probably won't get to see again before I leave, so I had a lot of fun mingling. President Nuckols also asked me to speak and share my "final testimony." Of all the missionaries finishing this transfer he only picked three, and I was the only hermana. It was nerve-wracking, but it was a good experience.

After the conference we went out to ice cream in Bani and spent the night there with the hermanas in our zone. It was a fun way to celebrate my birthday.

Next Monday I'm planning to visit La Venta, so I'll leave Ocoa early that morning for the last time. I'll spend the day in La Venta visiting with converts and members, and then I'll head to the mission home to spend my final 2 nights there. On Tuesday we go through the temple with President and Hermana Nuckols, have our final interviews, eat dinner at their house, and have a testimony meeting with all the finishing missionaries. And on Wednesday... I fly home. 

Con amor, 

Hna Olsen

Kaitlin and Hermana Sanchez

Christmas zone conference


All of the missionaries at the Zone Conference that finish with Kaitlin

3 other missionaries that were in the CCM with Kaitlin

Kaitlin and Hermana Stanton

Ice cream in Bani

No comments:

Post a Comment